5-Minute Fitness: Ultimate Poise with Tai Chi
Build balance and strengthen your lower body with continuous breathing and flowing motion. “Remember, tai chi is practiced in constant motion. Better balance occurs when breath and body are moving together,” says fitness expert Scott Cole, who shares this move from his bestselling Discover Tai Chi DVD series.
1. Stand with feet parallel, knees slightly bent, and hands at sides.
2. Inhale, slowly shifting weight to left leg; exhale, bending right elbow and right knee and lifting foot slightly off the ground (see photo).
3. Balance for two seconds and return to starting position.
4. Inhale, slowly shifting weight to right leg; exhale, bending left elbow and left knee and lifting foot slightly off the ground.
5. Balance for two seconds and return to starting position.
Work up to repeating steps 1–5 seven times. Perform daily. Use a chair for support if needed.
Source: Saturday Evening Post